Re: [TCML] Confusing Between 1/4 and 1/2 Wave Coil

> Whoever invented the name 'quarter-wave coil' really confused the
> subject for a lot of people. This is a supposed analogy to a grounded
> quarter wave antenna fed at the bottom - the maximum voltage appears
> at the top.

   Some relevant odds and ends:
   'continuously loaded' antennas (rubber duckies, and
   used by hams on lower freqs') tend to by roughly
   twice the length of wire: eg 1/2 wave(physical)
   acts like 1/4 wave electrical, WHEN long an skinny.

   Short and fat ends up with physical length matching
   electrical length.  I'm guessing there must be
   simulation code out there...  Certainly articles.

   At a Past Teslacon, a VHF coil (160ish MHz?)
   using a physical 1/4 wave of wire as 'secondary'.

   best
     dwp