[TCML] Question on Coil with Missing Turns

I have recently obtained a 12" diameter by 45" coil with about 700 turns of #18 wire. It had sustained damage from previous operation and my friend removed the burnt turns and spliced it. There is about six inches of coil below the gap which is about 1/2" wide. The remaining 39" is above the gap.

I am wondering if having two coils in series create any significant change in the coil characteristics? I have run this coil and don't get any corona at the gap since it was well spliced and covered with epoxy.

Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx