Re: [TCML] SSTC type Drive for X-ray transformer

If you want an exposure, you just keep the power cables vertical and it will blur out and be invisible in the final film.

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Lux
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 1:25 AM

I'm speculating about schemes to repurpose an Xray transformer I have
for a DC coil.  It's in a portable machine designed to produce about
100mA at 110kV  (10kW) and it runs at a few hundred Hz off a discrete
multivibrator made with SCRs, powered by about 100V in NiCds  (the idea
is that you charge this thing continuously, then roll it down the hall
to make your exposure, etc.... that way you don't have to have a 10kW AC
feed..)