Re: [TCML] ***** My real tip for all coilers *****

I got into coiling to compete with high speed Internet and Nintendo for my son.
Stickbuilt motors and simple DC circuits can't compete anymore.

----- Original Message ----
From: Bart B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, June 5, 2011 1:08:31 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] ***** My real tip for all coilers *****

Oh, well, my tip for all coilers then...

If you love designing coils for longest spark then DO IT!
If you love designing coils for midi.. then DO IT!
If you love designing coils for study of coil physics.. then DO IT!
If you love designing coils for pretty spark pictures.. eh, whatever..(haha)
Bottom line is.. DO IT!

Everyone has their own reasons for why they got into coils and why they stuck
with it.. I personally got a little bored with spark gap coils and have taken up
the solid state route these days. To gain understanding, I've headed towards DR
experts and spent little time on TCML the past couple years (although I read
regularly). My point is that "I'M DOING IT" and making sparks, trying to gain a
better understanding of solid state technology, etc..  Just DO IT!

Hope you all have great fun in the process!
Best regards,
Bart B. Anderson