Re: [TCML] RSG Upgrade Performance Video

Hi Jeremy,

I can definitely hear the two distinct tones in the video, with superior
performance at the lower one.  But I'm having trouble imagining how the
Freau phase controller could allow one to dial in 120 or 240 BPS.  In my
experience, varying the phase control Variac will vary the spark length from
virtually nothing at an early phase setting, to maximum performance, and
going further (later) will cause the safety gaps to fire and stuff just gets
messed up, timing wise.

If you have a scope, I would encourage you to just put the probe in the
general vicinity of the operating coil and verify the BPS.  You should also
be able to see a relative bang size; see if that varies with the phase
Variac.  It should.

And a general comment about videos.  Everyone values different things, but
to me and maybe others, it's not just about the sparks.  Let's see the rest
of the coil too!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA