Re:Re[TCML]MOT Shunts

Dear List,
I don't altogether understand why 240V-primary MOTS should be any less likely to saturate than their 120v-primary equivalents (as one writer has stated). My reasoning being that although a 240v MOT will use half the current of the 120v version for the same rated power, it is power(Watts) not amps which causes heating. I cannot see how a 120v MOT should run any hotter then a 240v one-all thing being equal. Can anyone explain why this should be so?

Jolyon Francis Vater Cox (from 240v-land)