Re: [TCML] Re: MOT Shunts

John Smith wrote:

As for my line filter, I too only have a 20 amp!  It has held up so
far but it does make me nervous.  So far I haven't had any problems
in my house.
I was thinking of getting some more, do you think it is OK to
parallel them? I know they make bigger ones but I looking to do it on
the cheap!

From what I have read on the list, adding an identical filter in parallel
will double the current rating, but halve the protection. Of course, it probably also depends on the load, but it's beyond my meager understanding.

There are some higher amperage filters on ebay though, some of which aren't too terribly expensive.

BTW, what did make the body of your toroid from?

Jon