Re: [TCML] Building Protection

I had transients from the 33 kW coil going 80 feet from my shop to the
house and wrecking the cheap electronic power supplies, lights dimming, and
various other burn outs. After tiring of this I did what D C Cox
recommended and built a filter using #4 wire on a 3" PVC tube filled with
welding rods, and bypassing inputs/outputs to ground with filter
caps,,,crazy thing works, not any problems after that. I still use massive
industrial EMI filters, but they don't do the trick like the welding rod
chokes do.  Should be in the archives somewhere.

STILL making sparks in Oklahoma
Kevin E.