Re: [TCML] Tesla Gun

On 6/18/12 12:15 PM, Steve Ward wrote:
Anyone have any
research on RF currents in the human body?  People expose themselves
to pretty similar fields when playing with SSTCs and VTTCs, just being
up close to the secondary coil must induce quite a bit of current in
them (according to the mutual capacitance between the person and the
TC).

IEEE C95.1-2005 "IEEE Standard for Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure to Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, 3 kHz to 300 GHz" (which is available free on the IEEE website) has an enormous amount of information on RF currents through the body and their effects. Even better, it has an amazingly complete list of the primary sources of the information.

It discusses things like shocks, thermal effects, athermal effects, etc.

http://standards.ieee.org/findstds/standard/C95.1-2005.html

I would make some assumptions about the capacitance between you and a SSTC and do a back of the envelope calc of RF current and post it for comments..

What would be a good ballpark number for C between person and topload? a few tens of pF, I would think..