[TCML] Crookes, Geissler Tubes, X-Ray Tubes, and OOPS!

For those who have read Tesla's and Crookes lectures and wondered about some
of tubes they both often had
littering the tables, here is a 26 minute collection that shows a selection
of tubes in operation.  It also shows an unfortunate accident
where a spark punctures a high vacuum Maltese Cross tube and renders the
tube useless in a short time, but maybe
a good lesson too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ELVvWf78-U

Several of these tubes run as well from Tesla Coils as induction coils - in
particular, the Maltese Cross and Crookes Radiometer tubes
can be operated from single terminals very well, even better in some
instances.  (I could have avoided the puncture if I used a Tesla Coil!!).
(Unfortunately too though, a Tesla Coil will often harden the vacuum much
quicker than the induction coil, and yet, contradictory, can also
quickly lower vacuums in other tubes from outgassing of components which
wouldn't be effected by pure DC.tubes are cool but
often are subject to a lot of variables, especially early X-Ray tubes)

Soon to come are some videos of single terminal Tesla bulbs, but these
deserve a video of their own...

Jeff