Re: [TCML] Toroid

Thank you for your help. I looked around but couldn't find any method for
estimating the topload size. I read that to get the biggest arcs for a
given power level, you should construct a toroid too large to breakout on
it's own and add a breakout posing. Ideally, I'd construction a toroid with
a diameter of around 29 inches, but a near 30 inch toroid seems obnoxiously
large considering my coil platform is 20x20. Plus, I don't yet have a very
solid method of attaching my top load. It's attached, just not very well.
Perhaps I'll place a smaller toroid underneath the 16" one. Are there any
rules or suggestions when stacking toroids?

The coil is of the 4.5" variety because I originally planned it to be
powered with 12kV 60ma but got a third transformer for free. I figured the
extra power wouldn't hurt, as long as I adjusted the MMC and tuned it.