Re: [TCML] Varnish for SSTC secondary

Sounds like the equivalent to Dolph's AC-43 winding varnish.

Good to go!

Dave

Hi,

When I bought magnet wire for my small SSTC I also bought a can of varnish
but I'm not sure it's the right one.

These are the datasheets but unfortunately they are in Portuguese - the
varnish is the Lacktherm 1303.

http://ecatalog.weg.net/files/wegnet/WEG-verniz-imp-lacktherm-1303-b-boletim-tecnico-portugues-br.pdf
This one says it's a polyester based varnish modified to try on air.
Indicated for motors up to 50hp and small transformers and coils.

http://ecatalog.weg.net/files/wegnet/WEG-lacktherm-50021432-catalogo-portugues-br.pdf
This one says it's alkyd diluent 1021. Also says it's for low voltage (up
to 480V) transformers and reactors.

The varnish can says it's a modified alkyd rosin, aliphatic and aromatic
solvents.

Can I sue this?

If I can't which one should I get? Note that I don't have a spinning rig
and will have to apply it manually.