Re: [TCML] Varnish for SSTC secondary

Thanks guys, good to know the varnish will probably work.

Thanks for the tips, Mark, I'll try to get a thin coating! A good brush
shouldn't be much of a problem either.

Great coil, Joe!
Unfortunately I don't live in the US and we don't have the DIY culture down
here, which makes it very hard to get the right tools and materials for
just about any hobby.
I have no way of baking the PVC, setting a fixed temperature or even making
a motorized rotating rig. Wood working is out of question as well.

On the bright side my secondary will be much smaller at 3"x7" with 30AWG
wire. I don't think I'll have much trouble winding it manually but I'm not
sure how to apply the varnish without a rotating rig.
If I leave it standing the varnish will flow down to the "primary side", if
I leave it suspended horizontally it will flow to one side of the coil....
Maybe I'd be better off using no varnish at all than doing it without a
rotating rig.
What do you guys think?