Re: [TCML] Quick and Cheap Toroid

On 3/11/13 10:54 PM, Brandon Hendershot wrote:
Hi All,

I'm resuming the renovation of my coil since I'll be needing it for class.
My previous alum. duct topload got smashed so I need to make a new one
asap. I'm really tight on cash and would like to make something at least a
'little' bit neater than the last. I can't spend more than $30 and need it
sitting pretty within 3 weeks. I'd love some suggestions!

rebuild with aluminum duct will be <$30, I imagine..
GE 4"x8ft at Home Depot is $11..

Papier Mache and aluminum foil?

Find a styrofoam ring of the appropriate size and cover it with aluminum tape or aluminum foil.

There's tons of ideas in the archive, but unfortunately, searching for "toroid" or even "cheap toroid" probably will get more hits than you can deal with (and most of them won't be relevant)