Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:14 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] At a loss. No light on second coil

Andrew,

Do you have any pictures of your coil?

Off hand a few things i cant think of that would cause this,

Have you tried drawing arcs, or providing a breakout point?
If your getting a tiny 1" arc vs no arc, then that would tell us something about the situation.

Perhaps your toroid is too large preventing a break out.

Have you looked inside your secondary for carbon tracking?. I had a small secondary that dumped the arc right to ground via surface tracking on the inside of the pipe.

Mistaking radius and diameter in your calculations would effect tuning (I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but its happened before i'm sure)

Hope any of the above helps.

I also have a couple small hunks of 3/8" OD tungsten laying around here somewhere, contact me off list if your interested.

Thanks,
John "Jay" Howson IV

"Why thank you, I will be happy to take those electrons off your hands."