From: Chris Jones <chrislj74@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:39 PM
Subject: [TCML] In need of a HV transformer but not a neon

I'm tempted to dabble in the tesla coil fun again. I was a few year member
of this mailing list probably about 15 years or so ago. Back in the day I
built 4 different coils. All were static gap using neon's except for the
last and final one which was a 7.2KV epoxy encapsulated potential
transformer. Anyway, I eventually moved on and parted with all of my
transformers, wire, coil forms. So that brings me to now. I know this day
and age everything to have more rules and laws than back then. So I thought
I'd turn to this list as a possiblity of locating some parts. First off is
the transformer. I'm looking for something in the 14.4KV range with atleast
1.5KVA. Will consider lower voltage such as 12.6KV. The smaller the
transformer size the better because I know they are very heavy and
freight/shipping is going to be a challenge. Anyone has any leads let me
know, Thanks.