RE: [TCML] Matt tesla

yes the do apperntly since thats what ive been told i need and oh so its basicly the same type of capacitor that spark gap ones use well thats less complicated than i expected. So on another topic i have a very odd thing happening when i use the system from my small spark gap tesla coil to run my big coil ( just to tune it and see what i can get with 9kv ) i get 2 foot sparks which is about the same as the smaller coil got but here is the thing i need somone to explain to me. For some reason there coming from the secondary not the torrid the will come from all over the secondary arc wharever they want its just crazy nothing comes from the torrid but if the torrids not there nothing happens.... so what i wonder is is this caused by somthing wrong with the coil or just because the system for my little coil is not designed for this one?