[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Car tire toroid? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Car tire toroid?

I have tried it and it was a flop because the inner tube that was used was
not stretchy at all points (thicker rubber) and the measurements taken were
 the average of both the small and the large sides. Plus the soldered brass
pie  shape wedges that took the shape would not flex. I learned from it
though. The whole thing was lopsided and even with the air pressure to make
it fill up more on the other side would break the solder bonds  regardless.
Get those aluminum trash bins sold for airports. Look at  them online, buy
two tops and fit them together, project done.

Denis Despins
KC6TRW

In a message dated 11/26/2013 7:16:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,