[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Car tire toroid? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Car tire toroid?

On 11/27/13 7:48 PM, BillEaver@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have tried it and it was a flop because the inner tube that was used was
> not stretchy at all points (thicker rubber) and the measurements taken were
>   the average of both the small and the large sides. Plus the soldered brass
> pie  shape wedges that took the shape would not flex. I learned from it
> though. The whole thing was lopsided and even with the air pressure to make
> it fill up more on the other side would break the solder bonds  regardless.
> Get those aluminum trash bins sold for airports. Look at  them online, buy
> two tops and fit them together, project done.

That's a clever idea, but those cans are pretty expensive:
http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/janitorial-maintenance/garbage-recycling/containers-steel/open-top-steel-containers-aluminum-lids

$300+

or
http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/janitorial-maintenance/garbage-recycling/containers-steel/simplehuman-stainless-steel-open-top-cans

the bullet open top, perhaps, $120

I think just getting a spun toroid might be cheaper.