Re: [TCML] coin shrinking

Mark
You'll definitely need hockey puck diodes at at least 2X DC pk on
capacitors.  The severe reverse recovery currents (dI/dt) may blow them
out as well.  I'm using 16 (2 parallel x 8 series 450WVDC electrolytics
650uF total at 3kVDC, right at 3kJ.  Models at 25kA, estimated
peak of around 18kA.  No blow ups (yet KOW).

Got about 100 of them out of demo'd multi-megawatt UPS's for
nothing, "get em or dump em".

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA