[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Thyratron Switched Tesla Coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Thyratron Switched Tesla Coil

Wi;;

Richard Hull built a small thyratron switched TC about 20 years ago, so it
can be done.
The output was an anemic 5-7" sparks IIRC, and the supporting electronics
to control
the thyratron was nearly as involved as a DRSSTC.  For bang for buck, a
DRSSTC
would significantly overwhelm a thryatron operated coil...JMHO...

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA

Sharpe's Axiom of Murphy's Law