[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] LC Circuit [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] LC Circuit

It worked. I used a piece of string instead of a broomstick. The energy from p1 is transferred to p2. The energy from p2 stops p1. The energy from p2 is transferred to p1. This sequence continues until all of the energy is lost.
Is there also a fluid experiment that you can recommend?

On a side note, can I wrap my static spark gap in window screening in order to reduce EMIs?

Thanks,
Jim

I'd seriously consider trying the coupled pendulum experiment.

Lots of ways to do it, but here's an easy one.

Get a broomstick or piece of pipe that's 4 feet long, approximately.

Hang two pendulums (weight on a string) from the pipe, spaced about a foot apart. Make the pendulum around 2-3 feet long, so the period is reasonably slow.

Set the broom stick across the backs of two chairs facing away from each other, so a couple sawhorses, etc. The pendulums need to hang free, and the broom stick needs to be free to move a bit.

Start *one* of the pendulums swinging.

Watch