[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] How I modified the 3 phase for dual wye 5KV 2xI [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] How I modified the 3 phase for dual wye 5KV 2xI

Dear Jim,
Info on charging reactors are scant.  I have a few ebooks I found on Google
covering pulse transformers and charging reactors. I can dig them out if
you want.

If you get hold of a small reactor that is used in inverter air
conditioners it will give you some clue how to make one.

I've got one running in my VTTC it works with a 4700pf tank cap to shuffle
energy and store it for my tank circuit. It is made from a single MOT core
(2 Es) with two burnt out MOT secondaries I repaired. It has a 2mm gap. It
humms away and increased the spark length on my safety gap to 6mm. It is
probably exceeding the voltage rating of my GU 81m but its not continuous.
I did some oscilloscope readings and it does indeed work - if poorly...

Teslalabour has a very large dc resonance charging reactor setup I have
seen on YouTube.

As for the picture I have the same transformer aswell I think it is for
lighting.  Mine was 32v 1300va. Nice thick copper and solid cores.

Good luck!
-Will