From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phil
Sent: 15 December 2014 21:01
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [TCML] 6"secondary

You need to be careful with the 'k' or coupling factor. A larger secondary
will be nearer the inner turn of the primary and you may end up over coupled
causing racing sparks. Also the reduced clearance to the inner turn may
cause flashover, personally I would remove the inner turn ( one whole turn)
- it will have little effect on the primary inductance.
Use Javatc as a guide to get the right coupling or 'k' factor.
The 0.25 inch tube will be ok as there's no need to change that unless you
increase power significantly.

Regards
Phil Tuck

www.hvtesla.com