[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Tips for creating Supports for a flat spiral primary coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tips for creating Supports for a flat spiral primary coil

> I created my supports by drilling holes  an 1/8 " from the edge of pvc
> board that I pre cut, and then using a dremel to cut out the rest. It was
> very time consuming,  but beautiful results.  Then when you attach them to
> your support,  depending on how big your gaps are stagger them so the coil
> flows smoothly.  If any one wants the dimensions I used, send me a
> message,  I'm not very experienced but ill be glad to help how ever I can.

I used Visio to draw the shape I wanted, and then machined it out of HDPE
using our hackerspace's ShopBot sheet router.

https://thcnet.net/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=45a341886ce21f83fe254ccaba0b9e40
https://thcnet.net/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=32876ef000a3dd57aa2aa4956d76a522
https://thcnet.net/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=dc43a783388165450e907413c72b582e
https://thcnet.net/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=41fc7dfac062ac8b3fbe324928d9d070
https://thcnet.net/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=bdf55fdc000b9880bec04ade1c3839b5
https://thcnet.net/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=fb661e270d86ecc6b0fe542c7c6b0704
https://thcnet.net/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=19c03e1796fcf5781ff8fc0ac0b62e1c

But then I'm a bit more obsessed about details than most.

perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'