[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Base and Primary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Base and Primary

With copper work hardening it's very hard to do.  One trick I have seen to allign your spiral correctly is to line up your pieces so they are all next to each other with the top edge facing in the same direction.  Then you can mark a slanted line that covers the distance of a single turn plus the space between each turn.  Then you know where to cut your groovs for the winding.  If I didn't have access to a CNC sheet router or laser cutter (at our local hackerspace) I would use a router to cut out each notch. You can even use a dove tail jig to get the allingment spot on.

perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/26/14 5:32 AM, t-burns14 wrote:
> Okay so I'm going ahead with the spoke idea. Here's the plan:
> Get an 18" x 6" x 0.75" piece of HDPE.
> Using a tablesaw, cut strips along the 18" side, about 0.25" thick.
> Drill evenly spaced holes out using some kind jig.
> Thread my tubing through and mount the spokes to... something.
> What should I mount to and are there any flaws with what I outlined?\

It is exceedingly hard to thread through holes.  You're better off
drilling the holes in a straight line, then sawing off the top piece of
the hole, then snap the tubing down into the notch.  You want a bit more
than half the hole, so there's two fingers sticking out to hold the
tubing down.