[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] "Fat Coil" QCW Double Resonant SSTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] "Fat Coil" QCW Double Resonant SSTC

Dear Steve,
Thanks for the explanation. This I think explains the huge difference in
spark length I get from different coils I've made.

I got the longest CW (50cm) out of a 380 turn secondary which has a wound
length of 19.5cm. It has a very high inductance primary (54 turns) and
tight coupling with low tank capacitance (75pf) and a large topload (20cm
dia ss bowls).

I tried and tried to replicate it with different coils and different tank
circuits but got stuck at 15 to 20cm.

So I think this QCW is the reason why. Some how my spark is growing in
length at the right time but I am not actually producing more voltage.

You have inadvertently saved me from a headache of trying to figure out
whats going on!

Cheers!
-Wil