[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil using a 20A variac [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil using a 20A variac

When using my 20A variac, it is listed as 0-130vac but when I measure with
a meter it is 0-145vac. I can never bring the voltage past about 120 vac on
the dial (which is really about 130vac measured or so) because then the
variac 20A fuse blows when connected to my 2 15kv 60mA NSTs for my mid
sized Tesla Coil. During a tesla coil show at my home this week, I was
running it for about 1 minute increments and blew the fuse 3 times.

Do I have to re-wire my garage outlet and/or circuit breaker for 30A via
hiring an electrician? or I'm assuming its at 15A now and live with it?

Ideas?

Thanks,

Tim