[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Making a larger toroid ideas [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Making a larger toroid ideas

If you only have access to basic hand tools (ie. welding a topload with
rings is not an option), you could try using aluminum flashing tape or
aluminum foil tape to coat your assembly. This is how I usually do it and
it tends to work quite well and end up smooth. If you wrap the entire
surface of the ducting, as well as the circle where it joins itself, you
can smooth everything out quite nicely. A metal spoon is a helpful tool for
this.