[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil using a 20A variac [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil using a 20A variac

Dave,

I notice if I run the variac for a minute or two on my tesla coil, the fuse blows sometimes most likely when I increase the dial past 120 (which may actually be 130 or so vac) the end dial position is 130 which generates a measured 145 vac. I'm assuming the increased voltage from the variac is what's causing the increase in current

Thanks, Tim