[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] My first tesla coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] My first tesla coil

On 04/09/2015 04:33 PM, Yurtle Turtle via Tesla wrote:
> Almost agree. With a good camera, you can see where streamers follow
> an ionized channel as the wind slowly moves it. Hard wind will "kill"
> growth, as the ionized channel gets blown away.

I had this problem with my SRSG creating a breeze that blew up towards
my torroid, and limited my spark growth.  Eventually I build a shield
from some scrap Formica that deflected the breeze, and my spark length
increased significantly.

Jon