[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Capacitor choice for MMC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Capacitor choice for MMC

Hello all
I have been working on a spark gap Tesla Coil and am stuck between a choice
of 3 capacitors which can be used for making the MMC Bank for my coil. All
of them have above 10000 dV/dT rating and are from WIMA Company.
I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light regarding which of the
listed three capacitors would be most suitable for a 15kV 30mA tesla coil.

1. WIMA FKP1X021507C00KYSD
15nF 4kV
https://www.verical.com/pd/wima-plastic-film-fkp1x021507c00kysd-483628
dV/dT : 13000

2. WIMA FKP1T023306D00KSSD
33nF 1.6kV
https://www.verical.com/pd/wima-plastic-film-fkp1t023306d00kssd-712418
dV/dT : 11000

3. WIMA FKP1T023306D00JSSD
33nF 1.6kV
https://shop.setron.de/products/24084-fkp1t023306d00jssd.aspx
dV/dT : 11000

The difference between the below 2 is that 2nd option has 10% tolerance
whereas the 3rd option has 5%.
Also, I wanted to inquire whether 4kV capacitors are usable in MMC Banks
(My 1st option) as TeslaMap software was showing a yellow field when 4kV
value was entered, and also I have not come across anyone using 4kV
capacitors for their coils.
Also, if anyone can suggest any other related suggestions, in the similar
price range, I would be highly grateful.

Thanks
Ayush sharma
ᐧ