[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Spark Gap Doubts [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Spark Gap Doubts

Ayush,
I normally round-off just the edges so that they are no longer a right-angle as this could overheat easier. Putting the rod in a drill and spinning against a running belt sander is the method I use.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33962508@N03/11034589463/

Tungsten will ablate, but not as quick as other materials.
See here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/33962508@N03/16794887172/

These below were originally rounded on the edges but soon need some more attention:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33962508@N03/8584774251/

 No personal experience with Aluminium, but I would imagine that with its low melting point it would be useless, maybe others have used it though?

Phil