[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] 6" Coil Sparks too short [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 6" Coil Sparks too short

Here <http://www.filedropper.com/newfolder_26> is the java tc folder. Over
coupling is not the issue as I have a 2" piece that I can add or remove
from the secondary coil to adjust the height. The calculated spark length
in java tc says 58.1". 7.5 turns is the calculated position and I tried
other positions, but they make the spark shorter (on the actual coil).
Brandon, you say that I should be running 5-6 times my current rsg setup.
That seems very significant. What should my bps be on this coil? Since this
is my first rsg coil, I am not incredibly familiar with rotary spark gap
operation. If I simply added more electrodes to my disc and tested the
coil, would that be a good place to start?
-Kuba