[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Bifilar secondary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Bifilar secondary

I may be way wrong here, but I seem to think that the capacitance of a coil
is directly proportional to the not shielded surface area of the wire.  As
such, I think your capacitance is going to be nearly identical to a single
layer coil.  Again I may be wrong, but it also seems to me that folks have
made coils of single, bi-, and tri-filiar windings and used them more or
less interchangeably, with minimal tuning, to determine the advantages of
each, but I might be remembering incorrectly.