[Home][2016 Index] [TCML] Bifilar secondary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Bifilar secondary

Hello all,
I acquired a small bifilar secondary coil with the following characteristics:
the coil form is phenolic
the coil form is 33.5" long, 4" in diameter with a  wall thickness of .25"
winding length is 30.25", 13 turns per inch
wire diameter is .072" (about AWG 13)
Wire is covered with cloth insulation with a thickness of .039"
first helix has an inductance of 524 uh and the second is 528 uh

I do not have the appropriate equipment to measure its parasitic capacitance.

Would someone please help me to calculate its resonate frequency or at least point me in the right direction? I have not been able to find a Tesla coil calculator program that does bifilar coils.
Any and all help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone,
JJR