[Home][2016 Index] [TCML] solid state tesla coil question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] solid state tesla coil question

I recently finished the minibrute tesla coil and have it running well.  The question is why does this coil operate better with a large primary capacitor size of .21uf vs. a smaller cap size of say .005uf.   I have tried this setup two different ways by using two different secondaries and at .005uf the arcs are very weak and small.  At .21uf the arcs are bold and long.  I know for sure that the primary and secondary were in tune on both setups.

Bud mohrman

Forrest Mohrman
Engineer
bud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx || 440.647.4316