[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Ground [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ground

On 10/23/16 6:38 PM, jhowson4 wrote:
Hello all,
What are your thoughts on using a well pipe as rf ground.

I would not recommend this - the last thing you want to do is damage the insulation on your pump - that's an expensive repair job.

Its a beefy hunk or iron sticking out of my front yard. Planning on running the coil for holloween.
I am told the well has an electric pump down in its depths somewhere, but I also have some form of pump under my house so I'm not sure if the first statement is true or not. If it does have a pump in the pipe somewhere if rather not break it...

There's a "down hole" pump at the bottom of the well (water pumps do not suck, they push water up) and you might have a booster pump with the accumulator under your house to raise the water pressure.

Any help is appreciated.

How big is your coil?

you could just lay some chicken wire down under the coil and use those "galvanized staples" that they use for drip irrigation to hold it down. The capacitive coupling of the chicken wire to the soil should do quite nicely.

A good guideline for a "counterpoise" (so you don't need an earth ground at all) is to make the radius of the counterpoise the same as the height of the top of the coil above the counterpoise.

-Jay
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone