[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] First coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] First coil

"E-field management" is an excellent way to put it. For all aspects of TC work.

---Carl

 8/11/2017 5:16 PM, Yurtle Turtle via Tesla wrote:
I was merely suggesting a way of having a permanent installation, rather than having to unroll multiple rolls of hardware cloth or chicken wire, that will not want to stay flat. I don't live 100 meters from a salt marsh.

       From: jimlux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 5:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [TCML] First coil
On 8/11/17 7:54 AM, Yurtle Turtle via Tesla wrote:
Does a counterpoise work best directly under the coil, or could it be buried 10' feet away, but a HUGE welding cable to connect it?
Best under the coil - you're looking for "E-field management" more than
"return to earth".  In fact, if you operated your coil inside a big
cage, that would be best.

The "soil" isn't really supposed to be part of the circuit, so burying a
ground rod 100 meters away in a salt marsh and then running a wire to
your coil is sort of counter productive.