[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] Electrode erosion [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Electrode erosion

Carl wrote "You can get copper-tungsten alloy which is about as robust as tungsten"

Interesting ....... I don't know if different proportions of the elements within them affect their wear resistance, but mine (3/8") ablate noticeably compared to the flying Tungsten ones. I'm using the Cu/W ones as the fixed electrodes on a RSG around 7 to 8kW normally.

They are nice to machine though or even cut with a handsaw, but worth the expense** ? Well from my own experience on a SRSG at medium power levels, I'd say no. ( ** imported from US so dearer in the UK)

Regards Phil www.hvtesla.com