[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] Javatc questions, and primary to secondary coupling, etc [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Javatc questions, and primary to secondary coupling, etc

Brian,

Regarding question #2, I would start with your 8 support pieces before grooving them.  Clamp them together after offsetting each one successively by 1/8 of the pitch between windings.  If properly arranged, then the edge of the stack will have a stairstep appearance.  Then you can cut the channels for the primary windings straight across with a table saw or milling machine, depending on the capabilities of your machine shop.

According to the proposed pitch of your primary windings, each support should be offset 1/16" from its predecessor.

About question #3, it doesn't matter if the primary and secondary windings are wound in the same direction.