      From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxx>
 Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:45 AM
 Subject: Re: [TCML] ARSG bridge rectifier failures

Terry,

I had pretty much the same problem with my big coil. I, too, am using a DC
motor designed for a treadmill, that is rated at like 130 VDC for the drive
of my ARSG. I was using those 1 kV, 50 amp rated FWB 'blocks' for the
rectification of the 120 VAC mains, through a 120/140 volt, 10 amp rated
variac for speed control. When I grounded the outed metallic casing of the
FWB rectifier in question, it would almost immediately get fried once I even
started to produce a spark output from my coil! Fortunately, I had ordered a
bag of 10 of these FWB units, and I discovered that when I removed the
ground from the outer casing and just allowed it to 'float', the problem was
solved.

Maybe you could explore this solution for your setup?

David Rieben