[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] ARSG bridge rectifier failures [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] ARSG bridge rectifier failures

Thanks James. Don't think it was noted in my original post that the rectifier is inside of my cabinet, so only the motor is under the coil. To date, I've not observed and strikes to the components under the coil. Induced voltages is another thought as you've noted, and one reason I shielded the power cord going to the DC motor.
Terry

      From: James <oldmbkr@xxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:36 PM
 Subject: Re: [TCML] ARSG bridge rectifier failures

I had the same problem. Took a bit of sleuthing to run it down. Spell that a bunch of dead rectifiers. One problem was flashover to the motor housing, more distance solved this one. Next was corona strikes on the primary. Raised the toroid, did some good. Finally put pexli on top of primary. This pretty much fixed the rectifier problem. Unless you had 500KV diodes, They are going die from hits. Oh yes, don't forget about induced voltage also. lol James