[Home][2017 Index] [TCML] Microwave Oven Transformer [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Microwave Oven Transformer

Hi:

 I have a MOT from an old GE oven.  One side of the high voltage output is connected to the transformer laminated metal plates or frame. I am guessing that was for some sort of safety reason. Can anyone explain why it is connected to the frame? And if for safety, how exactly that is achieved?

Lastly, is there any harm in disconnecting the wire from the frame? Planning for a vacuum tube tesla coil application.

Thanks,

Ron Reeland