[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] Microwave Oven Transformer [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Microwave Oven Transformer

The High voltage portion of the microwave oven is referenced to the
ground on the plug of the oven. The case is metal, so this is
relatively safe. It's connected to the for simplicity and to be cheap.
It saves a wire basically.

You can disconnecting it. Most people call this 'floating' the
secondary. I have done this before. I used some 20kv silicone wire. I
carefully cut the little wire off where it attaches. Then I soldered
the 20kv wire to that, then epoxied the whole thing in place. Make
sure that there is some epoxy between the solder joint and the core.

It worked fine for me.