[Home][2017 Index] [TCML] Tesla Coil Mailing List [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Tesla Coil Mailing List

What would be the best way to ask for advice regarding problems with my first Tesla Coil build?

When I first tested it I was getting some arcing from the lower aspect of the secondary to the primary. I fixed the burnt insulation on the secondary, coated the secondary with Polyurethane and added Plexiglas sheeting on top of the primary. Now I am getting arcing on the top few inches of the secondary to itself.

Coil Specs
Oil Burner Ignition Transformer
10kv @ 23ma

Static spark gap

Primary 14 turns 0.25" copper tubing

MMC 20nF

Secondary
4.5" x 19.25"
1085 turns of 26 gauge enameled wire

Toroid 4" flexible aluminum duct 20" diameter

Ground
12" copper pipe

Thank you,
David