[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil with Ricci Trafo [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil with Ricci Trafo

Hi again,

Awesome to hear those stories.

Although I know I haven't gotten the maximal performance out of it I am still very satisfied with the results.
Some things didn't go as planned like the arcing between the primary and secondary in one of the videos. Later I realized that it wasn't the resonant frequency and that the first time we tested were the best results.
Anyway no components were actually damaged so that is a positive.

If anyone noticed, the test was done on the second floor of the building so grounding was harder. What we eventually did was drop a thick copper wire down the window. However it was all paved on the ground so we couldn't jam a copper rod into the ground (it also wasn't our property). So we improvised and attached it to a metal pole which was normally used to place your bicycle against :D

I do not know if I have mentioned it before but making a tesla coil was our end project for high school (in the Netherlands). The project has learned me a great number of things and the results are simply breathtaking (for me at least). I started it around 8-9 months ago and never expected it to actually work.

The problems with the transformer didn't help at all too. It might be useful to disclose that the Ricci transformer worked fine even though we suspected it to have a GFI/open circuit breaker. This was surprising since someone in NL has tested a SGTC with the same transformer but that didn't work: http://www.instructables.com/topics/9kV-50mA-tesla-coil-NST-question-Why-does-the-cir/

The caps used were the 940C20P1K-F. Of course this was a SGTC which already was complicated enough in my opinion. Therefore I am always amazed by the TCML members with VTTC and SSTC's !

Anyway here are the pictures and videos (not the best quality): https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuWZcYooje9VafKVY0VvzvRuvsE

Sincerely,

Yesn

​​