[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] New coil video [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] New coil video

That is very impressive for a mot coil!

I use a vfd also on my coil. The motor is grounded to mains ground, the cable is shielded. The shield is also grounded to mains ground. Over the cable is another shield, this is grounded to rf ground to be able to handle streamer hits.

So far the Mitsubishi vfd has not misbehaved, but time will tell. The reason for my using mains ground for the motor is that I do’nt think the isolation to the windings will be able to handle much, if it was connected to rf ground and if that floats away with respect to mains ground potential. Another reason for the double shielding was to avoid to much rf noise to be fed back to the vfd.

Jan
Stockholm, Sweden

Skickat från min iPad