From: "Robert Arenella" <rja12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:50:20 PM
Subject: [TCML] GE Pulse Cap

Hi all,
            With all this talk about pulse caps, I have a question.  I
was recently given a GE pulse cap, Model 17L 9PH. Rated at .0438 uF @ 50
KVDC, 180 PPS. This thing is big, 28" H x 8" W x 6" D and weighs in at
49 lbs.  Do you guys think this cap would do well in a TC environment?
Hate to build a coil around a certain cap values, but it's what I have.
Also have 3 Maxwell caps, a 31976 and two 31393's. I don't think any of
the maxwells have a pulse rate suitable for TC use. They just sit around
gathering dust.  I have several transformers available:  5KVA 14.4 pole
pig, 1.3 KVA 13,200 volt potential transformer, two identical 12 KV @ 60
mA NST's and a 7.5 KV @ 120 mA NST.

          Anyone familiar with the GE cap?

Thanks,