[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] Pulse capacitor spec question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Pulse capacitor spec question

I want to confirm my understanding of the maximum VR (voltage reversal) specification. If the spec states a maximum VR of 20%, I assume that this means that the capacitor can safely handle a 20% reversal of the maximum DC voltage spec. For example, if I had a capacitor with a maximum DC voltage rating of 50 KV and a maximum VR of 20%, then the capacitor could safely handle up 10 KV of reverse voltage or -10 KV volts. Is my interpretation correct?

Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa